Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lake Dierkeys... (In September? Brrr...)

Earl got a new job in August and it could not have come at a better time. I was about to go crazy without him on the weekends. We really needed him home. It was so hard for him to give up those days with the kids when we see them so rarely. Now that we had our weekends back, we needed to get in a trip to see Grandma Carly. It's a favorite family trip that we try to make at least once a year. September is a bit late in the season for Lake Dierkey's but we went anyway and had a good time!

Jacob likes to climb the cliffs and explore. He looks pretty cool at the top of this rock. Ben really got into the cliff jumping this time. He went several times. I never got used to it. It always made me a little nervous. But he looked awesome doing it. Just went for it with very little hesitation!
Grandma Carly always makes us feel so welcome and takes such great care of us. We packed a fun picnic and enjoyed the temperate weather. It was too cool for me to get in but the kids and Earl were quite brave.
I made the kids pose for me on the diving board. It was hard to catch them all in the same place. So, while they were taking turns diving, I had them pause for a Kodak moment. They are awesome kids.
Chloe and Jake found a few moments to play. They found a place with some fish and they were trying to catch one. Although, by the look on Chloe's face, I am not sure she is sold on the idea.

No comments: