Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So this is love...

Happy One-Month Anniversary Sweetheart!

Exactly one month ago today, I married my best friend, tennis partner, hiking buddy and the absolute love of my life. Earl is an amazing man who is strong, gentle, intelligent, wise, deeply spiritual and very fun. As you can see, he is also very handsome and I am so happy!



I have known Earl since February 2007. We met in an institute class and became friends. We found we had several common interests and we both had interest in one another. But, it wasn't the right time. I was involved with someone and he just wasn't ready. We dated a bit in the spring of that year and then hung out as friends. The following spring, I became available again and there was Earl. We began dating again in March and quickly fell in love. It was as if we had both been perfectly molded to be a part of each others lives.

Our wedding day was PERFECT!!!! There's no other word to describe it. We were the stereotypical bride and groom... Completely oblivious to anything but our moment. It was magical! It's a day I will never forget.



One of our earliest activities together was dancing. In fact, one of my favorite Earl stories happened at a dance. We had been out a few times, in 2007, and didn't know each other extremely well. Earl, Kerry, Cheryl and I decided to try a singles dance. While dancing with Earl, I looked up at him and exclaimed, "I love to twirl!" He heard, "I love you Earl!" He looked a little confused and said, "Did you just say, I love you Earl?" I burst out laughing and, in turn, said "Why haven't you turned and run screaming from the building?" The misheard phrase was corrected and we had a great chuckle about it. Now, I truly do love to twirl with Earl. Silly!


The day would not have been complete if we were not able to share it with the four most important people in our lives, our wonderful children. They were great! They all participated and did a great job. They were quite pleased with themselves, as you see. They had been "pressuring" us for months to get hitched and they were obviously quite pleased with the results. Job well done kids! Perhaps we can get you to negotiate raises for your mom and dad!

1 comment:

Terry Townsend said...

All that lovey dovey stuff makes me sick! Just kidding, congratulations on you anniversary. You guys make a great couple.