Tuesday, January 4, 2011

October, continued... La Jolla Cove

We started at Mission Beach surfing on our first outing on vacation, but I wanted to have a variety of experiences while in California. I read about La Jolla Cove with sea lions, a cave, tidal pools and really wanted to go. I had to convince everyone that it would be worth it. While it wasn't surfing (not by a long shot, according to the bunkins) it was cool to see sea lions up close and watch the crabs crawl around the rocks.
We found someone to take a picture by some really cool trees near the beach. This is one of the rare photos we have of everyone together.

I really tried to get a picture of the surf splashing the kids but I could never trick them into backing up far enough. It would have been awesome, but alas, it was not to be.
There was a small cave that you could walk through. It was cool. Ben walked all the way through with me. I have to admin it was a bit creepy. There were so many crab in the tidal pools and on the rocks and walls that when you walked through it looked like the walls were moving. Ben didn't mind but it freaked Chloe out.
Aren't they adorable. All the kids together having a great time on our vacation. I am glad they humored me. I really enjoyed this beach.

1 comment:

Heather said...

La Jolla Cove is awesome we went there for Sunday drives alot. I really miss it. The sea lions are really fun to watch and its really fun when you get to see the babies. I am so glad you all had a chance to go you will always remember it with a warm fuzzy feeling. Love ya all and miss ya tons. Heather, Kyle and Kids